Visual Merchandising Manager
As the Visual Merchandising Manager for THE GREAT. you will help lead the development and optimization of visual and merchandising direction and processes in the retail stores. You will be responsible for collaborating on ideation and execution of the brand's vision as it relates to the visual displays, merchandise strategies, and directive creation. Your role is to create/maintain the brand visual across all retail locations which maximize product sell-through across all categories.
- Accountable for designing and collaborating on the implementation of store visual and merchandising directives - bringing the right meetings, deliverables, and people together with the right responsibilities, clear direction, and follow-up on execution.
- Drive our store visual setup strategy for new product launches and ongoing event initiatives.
- Manage floral and display vendors executing in-store setups.
- Partner with store management to ensure seasonal product deliveries are received and accounted for before floor sets.
- Work in partnership with merchandising and design teams to identify and execute key messages and create a clear expression across all doors and provide feedback on product and buy plans.
- Maintain a compelling presentation of merchandise that will engage customers and help stimulate sales activity while following key standards.
- Identify and train individuals in stores to act as visual support for all visual merchandising directions (a division of responsibility).
- Support the assortment process for all third-party products in stores and assist with driving SKU-based decisions on a store level.
- Ensure the style and brand of the company are appropriately presented at all times.
- Conceptualize and execute store floorplan updates, visual presentation changes, seasonal setups, special collections, collaborations, third-party presentations, etc.
- Communicate to the store team about design concepts, visual display standards, product knowledge, and the proper maintenance of the overall visual display effort.
- Work in partnership with internal teams to assist with new store merchandise and visual strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to assist with providing design and merchandising strategies/feedback for new store openings.
- Attend new store openings to complete initial floorset direction and assist with all other misc store opening requirements as it relates to the completion or visual and merchandising setup.
- Travel to all retail locations to implement strategies, provide training, follow up on execution, etc.
- Execute visual merchandising strategies during the least disruptive times on the sales floor.
- Support the customer experience while in-store.
- Remain available during store hours to support stores with timely decision-making for visual and merchandising changes.
- Ensuring proper signage and fixturing are used in appropriate areas.
- 5+ years of experience in visual and/or product merchandising at DTC fashion brands.
- Proven track record of working at growing DTC apparel/accessories businesses. Management experience and passion for leadership are required.
- Ability to see both the big picture and focus on the details simultaneously, seamlessly guiding the retail stores through day-to-day deliverables that all intentionally support a holistic visual merchandising strategy designed to drive sales.
- A confident project manager who can prioritize deadlines and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- A strong visual communicator, able to interdepartmentally translate and present information and solve problems creatively.
- Collaborative, communicative, and organized team player, adept at working with a wide range of personalities/teams, and balancing multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and can navigate ambiguity and set clear priorities. A leader who is always working towards efficiency and strategic execution.
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of your time (travel defined as outside of LA County or defined local market).
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k and employer match.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Generous clothing discount.
If you are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.