Last Updated: June 22, 2022
The types of Personal Information that we may collect (directly from you OR from Third-Party Sources) may depend on the nature of your relationship to The Great. and the requirements of applicable law. Some ways that The Great. may collect Personal Information include:
- Personal Information provided directly by you through normal commercial interaction with our e-commerce services, through surveys, through events and through request for product or service information (e.g. restock notifications)
- As you navigate products and services on thisisthegreat.com, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
- It is our policy to collect only information which is relevant for the purposes of processing.
How We Use And Collect Information
The Great collects and stores information from visitors to this Site, including those who register their information or who use the online store. For example, when you place an order, we collect and store some or all of the following information that you provide: name, billing address, shipping address, email address and telephone number. This information is used to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations and to provide customer service.
In addition to the information collected, we will also collect your mobile phone number, so long as you have consented to receipt of marketing materials via SMS text message by signing up on our website or providing a designated keyword via text message to a pre-designated number. This sign-up would indicate that you agree to receive marketing and product information via text message. If you wish to change this setting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information also may be used for our own marketing and internal business purposes, and to contact you about sales, special offers and new site features, unless you have opted not to receive promotional communications in connection with this Site. To serve you better, we may combine information you give us with other information, which is publicly available.
As indicated above, we may also share this information with third party marketing partners for commercial purposes that: (i) provide products or services to us; (ii) that help us market to you (iii) assist us with internal market research; and (iv) perform any of the other activities allowed under this policy.
We may collect and store certain other information automatically whenever you interact with this Site. For example, we may collect your IP address, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit this Site. We also may collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information is used to analyze and improve this Site and to provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if required to do so by law, governmental request, process or court order or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with such law, request or court order or to protect the users of our Sites or the public.
Regarding the collection and use of your personal information, there are certain rights available to you as the data subject. If you are a California resident or a resident of the EEA, these rights are specifically enumerated in the CCPA and GDPR respectively.
The section entitled "Use and Collection of Information" above lists the categories of personal information we have collected about residents in the preceding 12 months and how that information is collected. These categories of personal information are as follows:
- Identifiers including name, postal address, online identifier, IP address, and email address;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
We use and share this information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Sharing of your personal information with subsidiaries or group companies and third-party marketing partners & service providers who we use to support our services.
- Sharing of your personal information with third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes, which includes the use of third-party marketing cookies.
- Sharing your information with our business partners.
- Sharing of your personal information where disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with legal process (such as a court order) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority;
- Protect our rights or property;
- Protect the interests of users of the Site, other than you, or any other person;
- Operate or conduct maintenance and repair of our services or equipment;
- In connection with a sale or dissolution of any of our businesses; or
- As otherwise permitted by law.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions or messages related to any purchases you make.
You also have the right to request:
- Access the to your personal information we hold about you;
- Request we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- Request we delete any personal information we hold about you;
- Request opt-out of having your personal information shared with third party marketing partners for commercial purposes;
- Restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you;
- Object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; and/or
- Receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
While we will do our best to honor your request, we may not be able to do so in certain situations where you data is needed or required (e.g., complying with the legal process or facilitating a transaction upon your request).
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-473-2922. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
Should you wish to request the exercise of your rights as detailed above regarding your personal information, to the extent required by applicable law, we may need to take steps, including to request additional information from you, to verify your identity. When making your request, please indicate your state of residence (or country of residence if outside of the United States) and include “Privacy Rights Inquiry” as the subject of the correspondence.
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information with the supervisory authority in your country.
Update Your Information Or Send Us A Question / Suggestion
Cookies and Third-Party Analytics
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
You can prevent the setting of cookies using our cookie preference manager available here or by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The following section details which third party cookies you might encounter through this site:
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have Text notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt-out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages.
This Site is not intended or directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not sell or ship any items ordered through this Site directly to anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should use this Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any personal information to us.
How To Contact Us
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-888-473-2922, or by mail at:
THE GREAT INC
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
508 S San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048