Senior Technical Designer
THE GREAT. is looking for a creative Senior Technical Designer to join our growing team.
The Sr Technical Designer supports the seasonal design process for The Great, by partnering with the Design, Product Development, and Production teams. The position manages technical design with an emphasis on development for all categories (knit, woven, denim), ensuring on-budget, on-time delivery of quality goods, in tandem with our Director of Technical Design.
You will be reporting to our Senior Director of Product Development and Production.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify trends for fit and garment construction techniques; analyze competitors.
- Focus on the development technical design process, absorbing some production workload from the collection (specific categories will be based on skill sets and experience).
- Focus on emerging new categories for the Brand.
- Implement the established standards of The Great’s size and fit standards, grade rules and tolerances, construction and quality standards, standard pattern blocks, and tech pack templates; carry out standard procedures for working with Design, Product Development, Production, and vendors.
Operations & Results
- Manage the development of technical design for the category and ensure on-time execution of complete, vendor-ready technical specification packages; review all styles, fits, construction, and specs as they relate to feasibility, costing, and appropriateness for the brand; coordinate among design and Technical Design Director to ensure fit consistency across seasons and categories.
- Work within the established calendar and milestones for development and production.
- Manage category fit sessions to ensure final fit, quality and construction meets standards; manage communications with vendors to set and ensure execution of standards.
- Partner with Production to carry out quality assurance protocols; manage problem-solving as necessary.
- 8-10 years experience in the technical design of apparel; flexibility between categories (knit/woven/denim/women/men/kids).
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team-oriented; highly detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Expert knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, colorways, sewing techniques, fabrication, and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, PC or Mac computers, familiarity with PLM systems.
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high-performance standards.
- Visual acuity.
- Sit for extended periods of time in one position.
- Ability to stand and maintain mobility for long periods of time during a fit session.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k and employer match.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Generous clothing discount.
If you are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.