HR & People Manager
THE GREAT. is Emily Current & Meritt Elliott’s multi-category advanced contemporary women’s collection. For women, by women, THE GREAT. is a casual collection that reimagines American classics with a sense of nostalgia.
We are a looking for an energetic, independent-minded, professional “self-starter” be the HR & People Manager here at THE GREAT. Our ideal candidate is motivated by the day-to-day challenge and energized by growing, developing, and inspiring people. This person has high professional standards & strong communication skills, always leads by example, is passionate about delivering quality results in a fast-paced work environment and is driven to grow both personally and professionally.
As the HR & People Manager, you will be accountable for all things HR, recruiting and people. You will establish the HR foundation of the Company by developing, leading, and communicating while playing a pivotal role in enhancing the culture and capabilities of the organization. You continuously champion effective changes and proactively build diverse and inclusive talent strategies to propel the business forward. You live to support teams and senior management in their efforts to build a team that is passionate about exceeding customers’ expectations and an environment where great teams love to work. You will lead strategy, development, and management of People policies and practices, in areas such as onboarding, training and development, compensation and benefits, performance management, and employee relations.
This position reports directly to the Company’s executive team.
- You will create and oversee the Company’s human resource and people department.
- Partner with leadership team to facilitate change management and drive new initiatives.
- Lead and inspire to deliver exceptional HR program operations, people-related insights, strategic HRBP partnerships, and a seamless employee experience.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal and finance teams as needed; possess knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Effectively recruit talent across all levels by understanding the needs of the organization and proactively communicating the plan (timing, compensation structure, financial impact, etc.) to senior leaders and management.
- Influence and engage effectively across all levels and partners (e.g., hourly team members, senior leaders, etc.).
- Plan, develop and manage all programs related to culture, pay/reward/incentive architecture, performance management and tracking, benefits to maximize team member engagement and retention while minimizing business disruption.
- Develop a store talent and staffing strategy that enables store leaders to staff for a growth business and talent plan and recruit – both long and short term.
- Build teams that are committed to continuous learning through offering and developing onboarding, skillset/career building, leadership, management, diversity equity & inclusion training and programs.
- Support business leaders; consulting with them in organization planning of their departments and selecting and developing their teams.
- Possess the highest standards in integrity with management of sensitive data regarding personnel.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance; lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
- Manage all HR administrative work of employees and Company.
- Maintain and update employee handbook/company policies and prepare all form templates.
Some Things You Will Do:
- Conduct and assists with all new hire onboarding, off-boarding.
- Complete all tracking, auditing, and reporting of performance review information in partnership with the team.
- Assist in managing projects, programs and practices that engage, inspire, and recognize workforce performance.
- Respond to employee inquires; questions relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
- Manage all elements of recruiting, including HR and Careers inboxes as well as updating maintaining accurate job descriptions.
- Manage and track processing and completion of all unemployment claims.
- Maintain all electronic employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Data entry into company systems.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, company-wide meetings, employee events, etc.
- Assists with day-to-day resolution of benefit/payroll related issues and inquiries (Address changes, Direct Deposit, W4 updates, Job Abandonment letters, employment verification etc.)
- Maintain and update HQ, Retail and Distribution Center organizational charts on a regular basis.
- Work with the finance department to reconcile benefit invoices.
- Send new hire and termination notifications to appropriate departments.
- Works closely the executive team to provide support on confidential matters and special projects.
- Partner with the executive team to come up with best practices for streamlining the employee experience for all HQ, Retail and Distribution Center new hires.
- 10+ year experience in Human Resources, both on the people and compliance side.
- Proven track record of successfully managing employee & people relations, HR policies and procedures.
- General HR knowledge and experience in the areas of employee/labor relations, compensation training and development, benefits, as well as employment law and HR industry practices; Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to HR industry practices.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (and other Office suite programs).
- Experience with ADP Workforce preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Manage conflict, lead, and hold others accountable.
- Self-starter with outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams.
- High ethical standards, strong values, integrity, and pride in personal and team performance.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401k and employer match.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Generous clothing discount.
If you are interested please send your resume to email@example.com.