Reporting to the Senior Designer, the Associate Designer works with the Design and Development team throughout all phases of seasonal development, contributing to the design of product and a collection that reflects the aesthetic of The Great brand, based on seasonal creative direction.
- Bring knowledge of the apparel market & trends and develop a deep understanding of The Great brand and aesthetic.
- Plan, organize, and execute responsibilities always keeping the big brand picture in mind and how pieces fit together and effect one another within the assortment.
- Work independently, leading communication chain to Design Director on status of work-in-progress to ensure advancement of department objectives within prescribed timeline.
- Make prompt and pragmatic work decision and choices on your own or with limited supervision.
- Self-direct priorities so that both creative and operational work are on-time and achieve company objectives.
- Have an “all-hands-on deck” attitude and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned while being able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes.
- Contribute to spontaneous creative conversations.
- Be located in Los Angeles area and comfortable commuting for in-person on an immediate basis.
- Research and pull swipe for bodies, application, technique and new ideas based on overall Design Direction.
- Build design boards into specific collection and category groups relating to inspiration direction presented at seasonal concept.
- Generate and iterate designs across multiple categories that are brand appropriate and meet the needs of the consumer with limited supervision.
- Produce both hands sketches + CADS that demonstrate innovation.
- Prepare Ideas and designs for presentation to Design Director in a clean, clear, and organized manner.
- Maintain digital filming of assets generated for team access in shared drive.
- Own design development linesheets: Manage and/or create line sheets for development though SMS had off; style number, sketches, fabric, trim info.
- Create and Manage design artwork.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners on print and pattern art.
- Pitch coloration ideas for print & pattern.
- Design yard dye stripe & embroidery layouts.
- Attend and participate in all development and production meetings.
- Attend and participate in fittings ands update team on necessary info at each milestone.
- Manage and update BOMS after meetings or fittings.
- Support in the creation and development of visual sales tools and marketing needs.
- Excellent hand sketching and CAD skills in Illustrator.
- Strong organizational skills necessary to manage multiple tasks and projects and complete them within deadlines.
- Share a common vision and understanding of the Company and The Great. customer and successfully work in a team environment.
- Strong conceptual abilities and high attention to detail.
- A passionate individual who cares deeply about the creative process and your team.
- Works well with cross functional teams.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k and employer match.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Generous clothing discount.
- Salary: $65k-$75k
If you are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.