Technical Design Manager
The Great is looking for a Technical Design Manager and Patternmaker to grow our Denim and Knits assortment that works closely with our factories in LA. This role will be responsible for partnering with design to bring their vision to life, ensure fit consistency across multiple fabrications and help expand our denim offering.
- Ensure feasibility of design's fit intent and create patterns and mock-ups from preliminary design sketches or ideas
- Partner with sample sewer on creating proto samples that achieve design’s fit intent
- Ensure patterns are production friendly and partner with LA production facilities on any questions to ensure smooth production hand off
- Ensure the standards for high quality, fit, function are met in pattern making creations
- Collaborate with our Product Developers, Design, Production team and Sewers to communicate fit updates to factories.
- Measure patterns and samples for accuracy.
- Ability to grade and make production markers according to production fabric for most efficient use of fabric.
- Active participation in fittings, pinning garments on body and adjusting patterns as needed.
- Act as a technical expert and mentor others to efficiently interpret design intent.
- Leverage internal and external resources and demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on calendar adherence and manage multiple seasons, all in different stages, at one time.
The right candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in pattern crafting, knowledge of vintage inspired product and make is preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of denim and knits pattern making is required.
- An expert with Gerber.
- Thorough knowledge of sewing and construction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft excel/windows programs.
- Experienced in working with manufacturers on pattern changes to influence or achieve target fit.
- Passionate, inspirational, and able to thrive in a changing environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k and employer match.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Generous clothing discount.
If you are interested please send your resume to email@example.com.